Thursday, February 19, 2009

Davey

The other day David decided to pack all of Elisabeth's pull ups into a basket. Everywhere that Davey went that day, the basket was sure to go. I was upstairs folding laundry, and the kids were in the basement playing. All of a sudden he was in front of me:

"Tink needs changing."
"Oh, okay. Tell her to meet me by the kitchen and I'll change her."
He thought about it for a second. "No. You can change her in the basement, or you can bring her to the kitchen. Those are your only two choices."

I got such a kick out of that. "Those are your only two choices" isn't a phrase I've used with him, so I assume he learned it at preschool. Either way, I laughed every time I thought of it. And we both used it several times during the day. Then later I shared it with Andrew. As I shared it with Andrew, I used it in a sentence. Davey was obviously listening because he interjected: "Two bad choices are no choices at all."

Seriously, where is he coming up with this stuff?

0 comments: