Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Enjoying the sunshine...while it lasts!

On Monday we decided to have lunch outside since it was sooo very beautiful outside.

We hadn't been outside for long before Jadey and Davey were deep in conversation. I tuned in somewhere around here: Jade is showing Davey the owie on her foot.

And just like a couple of old people, they start pulling out all the stops, "Oh yah well with the rain the forecast my rheumatism has been acting up something fierce,"

"oh, I know what you mean, I get that all the time. Now if you look here, this is where I got shot. Oh I remember it well, deep in the jungles of Majuba Hill..."

and so on...
Elisabeth having been down the baby slide, is now testing the grass on her toes.





Yesterday we drove out to Greendale to visit the Abelmans. Of course, the siblings didn't want to sit together so when we went for a stroll tinky and Seth rode together
And Davey and Mayah.
This is Davey trying to give Mayah a good bye. As you can see she's stricken at the thought of us leaving.
Mayah attempting to kiss Davey and him playing it cool.

So, those of you who know me well, know I've lost my wallet so many times I can't even count anymore. I left it on the roof of my car only to have it blow off and land on the railway tracks. A train ran over it and shredded all my cards.

Then when we were on our Grade 12 trip to Arizona, it was stolen (with $700 usd) from my room. A man from Surrey found it and drove it out to Chilliwack for me. Money still intact but shopping trip to Phoenix ruined :(

Yesterday I stopped at the Power Mall and put my wallet in the stroller. I guess as I was unloading the stroller my little boy pegged it under a car. Lately he likes to pretend he's Swiper the Fox (have I mentioned how much I hate kids shows? Lunette the clown hiding toys in the couch, don't even get me started on Max and Ruby, and now Swiper teaching kids to steal and hide things...)

Anyway, someone found my wallet and before I even knew I'd lost it they returned it to the community police station. THANK YOU!!

And while we were downtown we spotted a pool. Bigger than the Lyth's pool which we used for part of the summer last year and more practical for day-to-day use than the dino pool. Here are some shots of the kids testing it last night:







0 comments: