Monday, May 07, 2007

Three Quarter Birthday

Yesterday was Elisabeth's 3/4 birthday. For those of you who don't understand my math, that means she's nine months old now. To celebrate we went to church, and then to Ikea for lunch.

For the first time that I know of, Davey actually stopped playing with the trains at church and willing participated in everything they put on for the 'older' kids in the nursery. Hah, that's funny thinking of him as an older kid! Anyway, it seems to have made a huge impression on him as he keeps talking about Silas (Siwas) and Jesus. And he's also insisted on leaving his class materials in the car so he can read and reread them while we drive about. So fun!

On a semi related note, my mum bought a whole bunch of Psalty CDs for the grandkids and we've been listening to them this weekend. They are SO good! Forget having them for the kids, I'm learning so much through them. About loving people who are difficult to love, and about forgiveness and even that when Christians slip up and make mistakes, how other Christians should treat them. GOOD stuff! You can buy them here if you're interested.

Anyhoo, in light of Tinky's birthday, we had a photo shoot:

Elisabeth is getting really good at crawling backwards and can move from crawl position to sitting and back to crawl. She can fall from standing on to her bottom (instead of her head!) and she can scoot and walk around furniture. But she still doesn't roll over, sit up on her own or pull herself to standing. I guess these things will come and since we still have her in the bassinet (which as my sister says, she fills from top to bottom with her little head squished to the top and her feet practically hanging out the bottom...) I don't want her to get tooooooo advanced before we figure out how to get her to like her crib.

She also says dada and mama and knows when to use each. She makes the sounds lala, ttttt tttttt, and various other wordy sounds. If you sing to her, she'll try to imitate. One thing I hate though is that she's discovered screeching. Davey went through a phase where he thought screeching was singing, but I think Tink is just trying out her vocal chords.

Here she is having her first every corn on the cob. This is her beating it with a carrot stick:

And her reaction to actually eating it. She didn't seem too sure at first, but it grew on her.

Elisabeth is down to three bottles a day, which is WAY less than Davey was doing at this age. I was still nursing him at this point, but if I would let him NOW he would have two to three bottles a day still. I have a feeling that's just cause it's easier to drink a bottle than stop playing to come EAT.

I thought I had so much more to say about the kids, but I can't remember so I guess that's it.

0 comments: