Thursday, February 11, 2010

This month David's class has been learning to skip. It's something to do with heart awareness and the big skip off they're doing later this month. Why they can't do something else that exercises the heart is beyond me, but I guess that's what they chose.

I've already blogged about how we got sent home with a skipping rope to practice. He is seriously resistant to even trying. Shortly after we were assigned our homework he told me he was never going back to school - or at least not until they're done skipping.

After a conversation about how school is necessary, and skipping is a very small part of school, he agreed to go back. But now every day after school he slides into the car with a "phew! No skipping today!" or a shudder and a moan.

********************************************

The kids were talking about what they want to be when they grow up. Elisabeth wants to be a skating teacher so she can teach David how to skate. So even though she would rather watch then participate in skating lessons, she has decided to persevere.

I turned to David and asked him what he wants to be. He thought long and hard for a few minutes, then sighed and said wistfully, "I just want to be a family."

********************************************

On Monday and Tuesday David's school is having their own mini Olympics. On Monday this entails having Opening Ceremonies and each class will take part. David was telling me that his class will have to wear special shirts and hold letters that spell We Believe.

"But Mama," he said, "That sounds a little bit scary to me. I don't think I want to wear a shirt and uhm, well, I don't want to believe."

Elisabeth on the other hand is totally gung ho. "I do! I have two hands, see? I can hold the words."

0 comments: