Thursday, July 14, 2011

Vancouvers Roadtrip

For Andrew's last day of vacation, we decided to head up the river to the Vancouvers. Our first stop was supposed to be Horseshoe Bay, but there wasn't a single parking spot there, so after cruising around for a bit, we headed to our second stop, Lonsdale Quay.

Lizzie came dressed in her finest:

And the first order of business was to visit the Quay.



We stopped for a bite to eat.


And listened to the live music. They were actually very good. I'd buy their cd...if I knew who they were!

There's the city of Vancouver across the water!


Seeing this photo reminded me that in all the times our family has visited Stanley Park, we've never visited the totem poles there. Funny considering that's all I remember of my trips there as a child...


Next we wandered up Lonsdale to find my old office building. Passed a little restaurant.

There it is! I was on the second floor. And that condo building is parked right about where I used to leave my car...

The market where I used to stop for granola bars and fruit for lunch.




Here I am standing in what used to be the parking lot beside my building.

And when I worked here, my best bud, Julius worked for ICBC. So we used to meet as often as we could for lunch here next to his building. Ahhhh the memories...


After our stroll, we decided to continue on to The Village at Park Royal. One of our favorite gelato places, Lugano, used to be located here. Alas, no more.



But luckily, a Rogers Chocolates had opened the day previously. This was lucky on two counts. One, we'd promised the kids ice cream and needed to deliver. But also, I can't eat Rogers ice cream. Way too rich. So I was not tempted one little bit. Yay :)


Ahem, that's me with Andrew's ice cream. I settled for a delicious non-fat latte from across the road.


Mr. "I love this shirt cause everyone can see my muscles when I wear it..."





And now that we'd tackled North and West Vancouver, we headed across the Lion's Gate Bridge to Vancouver City to wander around Stanley Park.






It really is lovely there. One day this summer we're going to go back with a picnic and walk the sea wall.







I had no idea how bad the devastation to our trees was at Stanley Park. Yes I know. Despite the news stories. I don't think you can tell till you walk through the forest and see all the broken trees.








A perfect end to our vacation.


0 comments: