Saturday, December 17, 2011

The Peak of Christmas


One of my favourite winter traditions in Vancouver is the Christmas festivities at Grouse Mountain. There's so much fantasticness - although it's changed over the years. Let's explore the 2011 version...

That's the skating pond. You know for years we only came up here in the winter. I had no idea how great Grouse is year round. So this was the only way I knew the skating pond - I always thought there was an actual pond under there. Turns out, it's a patio. Who knew?


First order of business? Eat some snow.


Build a wee snowman on the restaurant patio.


Take a family picture.


And climb up the snow hill. We did a lot of sledding here. Till Grouse turned it into a sledding hill you have to pay for. Bummer.



 Visit the reindeer.



Make a snow angel.


 G'ah! He's so cute!!



















Then we went for a sleigh ride.


 More sliding down the hill.


 Vancouver has lovely sunsets.



 I don't skate. Had a bad experience roller skating and never stepped on anything that slides again. I know. Sad. But still. Andrew takes the kids on the ice.




















 Perfect day ended in a perfect way. I got a gingerbread milkshake. Too bad Red Robins quit making these.


0 comments: