Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Also Easter Weekend

My kids, bless them, still love a good Easter Egg Hunt. They planned our Sunday so that they would find their eggs at 10 am, and then be inside for church by 11. Victoria isn't leaving the house except to put her greenwaste on the balcony, so she didn't participate this year.

I went out at 9:30 to hide the candy.


David doesn't love chocolate, so I always try to find something sour or gummy for him. These cute little bunny eggs were perfect for hiding things that didn't come in wrappers.




 The only pictures I remembered to take of them hunting were of them coming down the stairs. Maybe we'll have to reenact this!



I did find this egg from last year - I hid the eggs last year and went in the house to get the kids. And in the meantime the squirrels came and stole a bunch of stuff (a box of kinder eggs, and this plastic egg!) They didn't eat the Kinder Eggs, but they did manage to hide this, eat through the plastic and get whatever was hidden inside! This year I was smarter and waited outside so I could yell at any pests who tried to steal our candy!!


Then I made cookie dough (which Andrew baked for me because I hate that part). He's been making these Betty Crocker Chocolate chip cookies. For the salt he uses coarse sea salt so they're deliciously sweet and salty. Elisabeth has been making mini egg cookies which were surprisingly flavourless. So I wondered if we put the mini eggs in Andrew's chocolate chip cookies what that would be like.

Turns out they're insanely delicious! Luckily we froze most of them so we have treats for a while yet!


0 comments: