Monday, October 16, 2023

Elisabeth's Grad Trip to Rockridge Canyon

A time honoured tradition at the kids' school is that the grad class does a retreat to Rockridge Canyon in Princeton. David absolutely loved his trip, and in fact we looked at him potentially working there for a summer. In the end, I think he wasn't quite old enough (thank you late year birthday) and it was a little too far from home. 

Anyway, last week, Elisabeth departed on her grad trip.



 I'm going to have to get Liz to share some more pictures with me. This was one of the views. She sat on a bench out on a spit in the water for hours every day. Sat outside trying to catch a sun set for me (she knows I'm obsessed) and seems to have had a great time. 


She was not a fan of the food (surprise, surprise)


She and her five best friends got to room together. They had six bunk beds between them, so they each got a whole bunk bed to themselves. They had their own bathroom with multiple showers, toilets and sinks. It was a good taste of living at university for this kid who's never done a camp or really anything like it.



Apparently one of the highlights was freedom. "If I wanted to go on a hike in the forest at night, I didn't have to tell anyone." (pardon me?!) 



Chapel was another highlight. There were multiple photoshoots in the forest/mountains and then this giant paint game. 


We're blessed our community celebrates our grads this way.





0 comments: