Saturday, October 09, 2004

Baby Name Game

We've had some questions about whether we've totally decided on what to call this kid of ours when s/he finally arrives. Well, from the title of this blog, you can guess that we're sort of decided.

In fact, when I first told Andrew that we were pregnant, almost the first words out of his mouth were, "I think we should call him David Andrew." Thinks Andrea, "it's a boy?!?" and then, "but that wasn't even one of the finalists on our list of names!!"

However, I've quickly learned during this process that while my husband is normally a mild mannered, sweet tempered, honey pot...when it comes to this baby he is...well, pushy, determined and stubborn.

For instance, before we'd found out that the ultrasounds indicated we were having a boy, we made a trip to Carters to buy clothes for a friend of mine who'd recently had a girl. Andrew would NOT stay in the girl section, so finally I joked, "hey Andrew, focus here. We're getting a present for a girl." My dear, darling hubby whipped around and snapped, "WE'RE HAVING A BOY!!" and loud too! I was stunned.

We recently made a trip back to this clothing store, because I've had my eye on some really cute puppy dog sleepers for a while. But do you think I got any say in what clothes our son will be wearing? HAH. Once again that stubborn streak came out and everything we bought had race cars or fire trucks. You KNOW I'm secretly hoping this kid is a girl. Two can play the stubborn game...

Anyway, just for fun, here's some names we were throwing around before we "knew" this was going to be a David Andrew. Feel free to give us feedback...maybe I'll get some say in the second kid's name...

Boy names:
David Andrew (obviously...)
Benjamin James (my personal favorite)
Daniel Robert

Girl names:
Fiona
Emilie Elisabeth
Abigail
okay, actually we don't really have any ideas beyond liking the names Fiona and Abigail. Unfortunately, since my feet decided to swell like balloons the last few weeks...and every time I look at them I'm reminded of the movie Shrek, I've kind of gone off the name Fiona...

0 comments: