Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Something new every day


So, Hello has been playing weird. All day I couldn't get it to load my photos properly. I'm not even sure how I got this picture to publish, but it looks like it worked. I'm not complaining.

If you look really close at this picture (you might have to lighten up the colour) you can just make out Davey's two teeth. He stopped drooling for a few days and the fountain has resumed so I'm guessing that might explain why he's been waking up at night to come and sleep with mummy. I was hoping it was something like that and not just that he's unlearning all the good habits we got him into.

Andrew read somewhere that at about this age, babies start to try to repeat sounds they hear other people speak. So he's been saying "dada" to davey like crazy. S'funny that, cause ALL DAY long while Andrew is at work, Davey babbles like crazy. And dadadadada features in quite a lot of his discourse. If I leave him to cry for too long, the cry turns to a wailed "maawuhm" (which I flatter myself is Davish for Mummum). And tonight while we were leaving my mum's, we were telling Davey to give Grandma a kiss and he started repeating "kish, kish". Daddy wasn't there to hear it, so I started talking to him about kisses outside and sure enough Davey starts with the "kish kish" again. Time to start watching VERY carefully what we say infront of this bubby!!

And one more milestone...Davey has learned to wave! Last week, his waves consisted of indiscriminate arm flapping. I wasn't even positive it was a wave - after all it might just be a coincidence that he flaps his arms at people. But this week it's turned into an arm raise and then a fist clench/unclench wave. SO cute! And so brilliant!

Posted by Hello

1 comments:

the lintinen's said...

vary cute and brilliant just like his mummum!