Thursday, May 25, 2006

Babies Galore

Crazy stuff. Four people I know had babies this weekend. Three girls and a boychild. Wow.

Congratulations to Jamie and Kelly who read this site (though probably not for a while now that they have other things to occupy them) and to Kim and the Rehmans who don't, but deserve some well dones anyway.

I happened to bump into the girl I affectionately call my doppelganger today. It's not so much that people would mistake us for each other, though she is the same height and general build as me. But when I quit my job a few years ago, I was back in the office one day and nearly fell over when I saw my replacement. She had the same hairdo and glasses (practically) as me, and my sister's name! When I had Davey, she had a boy. When I sold my civic, she sold her civic (same colour, year and model as mine) and now that I'm having a girl, she's having one too. How weird is that?!?

And in keeping with babies being born, Joe and Gaynor who gave birth to Peter two weeks after Davey was born, are expecting a child two weeks after Tink (they have three boys so far, I'll be interested to see if the girl trend continues, or if they have one of the only boys for 2006); Natasha is having a baby in December; Claudia is having a baby in December; most of the moms in Ashlie's kindergarten class are having babies this fall;Amanda is too and there's one other that's still a secret but that's due late fall/early winter too. I yi yi.

Our nurseries runneth over.

1 comments:

Jane said...

I am so at the opposite end of this baby thing...I just bought 8 "Congratulations on your Graduation" cards.