Sunday, August 20, 2006

Two Weeks ALREADY?!?!

Wow! Hard to believe it's already two weeks since Elisabeth was born.

I haven't really had a chance to blog about how things are going with her. So here's a mini update:


On Wednesday Tink had her first doctor's appointment. She weighed 8lb 10 oz again, which brings her back up to her birthweight from 8 lb 1 oz in exactly seven days. Not bad in my opinion. My doctor was hoping to see more gain though, so I have to bring her back again on Wednesday. He's hoping that she'll be at least 9 pounds by then. If she gains at the same rate she did the previous week, she should be at least that.

Sleeping is going better. We had tried several different things to try to get our sleep and have her sleep for 'longer' periods of time. The only thing that was getting me more than 1/2 hour sleep seemed to be having her sleep on my chest while I sat on the couch. Not too much fun. Finally last week I tried putting her in her car seat and that seemed to go pretty well so on Thursday we got a bassinet. Now we're managing one three hour sleep per night (usually around 9 or 10) and sometimes even a 2 hour sleep, and several one hour sleeps. That's so much better than the three or four hours total I was getting!

Nobody is going to believe this...but Tink is smiling already. Davey smiled early too and everyone told me it was just gas. But Tink definitely smiles when she knows food is coming, she smiles at her cousins, and she smiles at her dad. Friday night I'm sure she laughed. What can I say, she's a clever kid. She cranes her head and upper body to watch TV when she can hear it's on (and she's not focused on nursing), she's batted her hands at me, and at Ashlie. She tries to hold her head up and twist to see who is talking. Mum thinks she's going to be like me (God forbid. I could climb out of my crib before six months, was walking at 7, ran away from home before I was two...). I think she just knows her dad likes intelligence in his women (I managed to fool him. hah hah hah).


Not much else to report on that whole front. But here's a picture of David enjoying an ice cream in honour of tink's 2 week birthday...Not too long after this picture was taken, the little danger boy was standing on a foam chair, put a blanket over his head, and did a faceplant on to Grandma's hard wood floor. I think he split his lip. He won't let anyone look at him to see if he's hurt, but his bib was pretty bloody. War wounds. And his first 'major' injury. Wow.

0 comments: