Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Sometime over the summer, David found a ring. It's probably one of Lizzies that lost whatever decorated the top. Now though it's just a plain band with a circle. David wears it religiously. Has done since at least July. And when people ask him about it, he tells them he got married this summer. To his sister.

********************

Today someone came up to me at school to comment on what a nice family I have. They were motivated to do so when I introduced my brother who had come to pick up the kids with me. We had four kids to pick up and not enough room in our vehicle so Dave offered to walk home with Ashlie. I think that's what made this mom comment on how all my family is "so nice".

She went on though to talk about the little kids. And how she often sees David walking hand in hand with either Jade or Elisabeth. Or Jade and Elisabeth walking hand in hand. And she thinks it's sweet.

I'm glad. Cause the whole marrying his sister thing could have been a little weird.

********************

I missed blogging about so many things because September was so busy. In a nutshell, David's school has a lot of split grades. Jade is in the Grade One-Two split and David is in the Kindergarten-Grade One split. We were not happy about this at first for so many reasons, but now that we've had a couple of weeks to get over it, we've decided there's not much we can do about it. David loves his teacher (that was the one thing that made me decide not to fight for him to be moved - I do think he got the better teacher). He has made a lot of new friends and he seems to have adjusted to Grade One better than some of his peers in the other class.

**************

We switched churches some time ago. We're back in a Baptist church, but one much closer to our home. As it turns out, there are lots of boys David's age and there's a kids' club he can go to on Thursdays. I think this will be a good fit for us. Elisabeth was really upset about our old church because she says the music was always too loud. And she would never go to Sunday School. She loves the (more traditional) music at our new church and she adores her Sunday School teachers. Also, it is one of the friendliest places I've ever been. I hope we can make this our church home. I'm ready to get involved again.

**************

The last piece of news I'm going to blog about tonight is that (if you hadn't noticed) I'm watching a very sweet little boy five days a week for five hours. It was a tough decision for me to make since I had also made it through interviews for a sweet government job that actually combined techy stuff with writing - a perfect fit for my skills. And also good money/benefits. In the end, I really felt like it wasn't time to go back to a 'real job' and I'm so glad I didn't. I love this little boy I watch (so do the kids) and I love being able to walk David to and from school. I still can't be quite as involved as I'd like at school (I'm trying to be professional about the day care), but at least I'm there every day AND we really love our new family member.

That's it for now.

0 comments: