Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Conversations with Elisabeth

So, it's been raining a lot here lately. Like, unless you actually live on the west coast, I don't think you can fathom the rain. And I've been going stir crazy. So yesterday Elisabeth and I had to get out of the house. And we weren't gonna go to the mall, so we went to Timmys.

As we were driving, Elisabeth says to me, "Mama, why does God love rain?"

I thought for a few moments, then explained about how rain waters the plants and the trees, and it fills up the lakes and oceans and concluded with, "And just think, if it didn't rain, we'd all live in the desert and that would be terrible."

There was a silence for a few minutes, then Elisabeth piped up with, "If we lived in the desert, we'd have to find Jesus. Cause he knows how to wash feet and we'd need him to wash our feet if we lived in the desert."

I kind of giggled, then said, "Well, that's true, but mama and dada know how to wash feet too you know."

And she countered with, "Yes, but the BIBLE says Jesus should do it."

1 comments:

Clandestine said...

That's so cute! Your kids seem like profound little ones. :)

Hope you'll look at my blog too:
http://paradigmcarnival.blogspot.com/

Thanks!