Sunday, June 24, 2018

Penticton Car Show...again!

What do you do when you're going on a road trip and all but one people want to 'watch' a movie and the one person wants to listen to stock market reports? You shove some headphones on that badboy and make him listen in silence. He was happy, we were happy. Good road trip.

PS. I have encouraged my children to choose movies that translate well to radio productions so that those of us in the front seat who have to hear can also enjoy. For this trip they chose Jeeves and Wooster - even dad took his headphones off eventually and got into it!!


I had brought sandwiches and drinks and we stopped at Manning Park Resort for dinner.


There are so many of these little critters out here, this time they were super friendly.

I had my water bottle and this little guy came right up to see what it was.

Elisabeth dropped some of the lettuce from her salad and they enjoyed munching on that.








Then I asked for our traditional picture by the highway. Elisabeth was feeling the sass.


Dad was driving at this point so I got to take a few pictures.


And we stopped at Yellow Lake to take a picture of the sunset.




The view from their new condo.




On Friday we headed to the beach to spend the day floating. First, we had to get our floaties ready.

Oh man, that's a LOT of wind power.


Finally the kids could hit the lake. It was not hot, the skies weren't crystal clear. But it was very nice all the same.

I went out in the water for a bit, but I kept imagining I could see monsters in the water and finally it freaked me out enough that I stayed on shore.



Thank goodness these guys aren't plagued with an over active imagination.



Okay, maybe this one is.



More wildlife trying to steal food from us.



These guys were getting pretty hungry too.




Feeeeeed us!


So we did. Even the floaties got snacks.

We adjourned to the tent for real food.


And then the two littles went to go work off their lunch.




Meanwhile, back in Langley, Tommy was graduating.



That night we watched the car parade.



And then dad babysat the kids while we went to go walk the strip and look at the flood situation.








We had pizza in the park and then the next day we ventured back to the car show.

Afterwards, we went to Tickleberrys.

And enjoyed a last sunset on the beach.







Some of the pictures from Linden Gardens.


 





And the ride home. Bromley Rock, I love you.





LOL!!
Traditional stop at the park with the beavers in Manning.


0 comments: