Saturday, July 14, 2018

Just Beachin' at Harrison Lake

We've gotten into a rhythm for our beach days. We head to Harrison when there's also a race at Agassiz Speedway. Then we spend the day at the beach and head to Agassiz in the evening for the races.

This particular day was incredibly hot. Sometimes at Harrison you don't notice the sun because there can be a fierce wind that blows across the lake. This was not one of those days.


As the kids get older, they're less interested in playing and just want to lie around reading and eating chips. Which doesn't make for very interesting pictures!!



Seriously people, this is not the blog fodder I want.


On the other hand, it was really hot. I think I did a fair bit of reading too.



Harrison is a glacier fed lake. So if you go stand in it, your legs immediately go numb from the cold and it kind of works like air conditioning.


Eventually the kids got their floaties and went out on the water.




Or used them as shields in a gladiator war.



I guess I didn't get pictures of it, but Liz was floating with her book and reading then rowing back to shore when she got out too far.














Eventually we had enough of the beach and drove to the speedway where we sat in the sun some more and watched the races. Again, there was a breeze, so we didn't notice ourselves getting heat stroke. Or at least I didn't. I missed a couple of days of work from it. Lesson learned, I hope!!

0 comments: