Thursday, July 19, 2007

I bought a camera (finally) yesterday and fully expected to be updating this blog tonight with loads of fabulous pictures. Luckily Dave (my brother) is super excited about the purchase (he did most of the research for me) and has taken a ton of pictures, because I certainly have not. BUT it's 10:46 and I haven't had a chance to get them from the camera to the computer so I think pictures will have to wait a few more days yet.

This week Tinky has started saying a new word, "TaeToo" which is her version of "Thank you". I always thought that children understood each other's gibberish even when parents couldn't make out the baby talk. So far though it seems as though I understand Tink better than anyone else. She has quite the vocabulary...some of it clear as anything and other things I can just tell what she's talking about even though it's mostly grunts. Most clear is still "what's that" which she says almost perfectly.

She has six teeth which have broken through her gums, and at least two more on their way. It's hard to tell because she does not like when I stick my fingers in her mouth (who would?!) She's also got callouses on her ankle bones from her sidesaddlescoot.

Davey is growing like a weed. He's currently in a very huggy mood and loves telling people (me mostly, dad occasionally and grama sometimes too) that he loves them. Today he told me I was his favorite mummy (does he know something I don't?!)

We signed all the papers at the lawyers office yesterday and handed over our downpayment. On Saturday we'll be traipsing east to pick up the keys to our new place. I'm feeling incredibly stressed right now trying to pack by myself while both kids are underfoot. Davey does not like me packing things, I guess it is a bit disturbing, though I try to explain why everything is going in boxes. Tink is teething and might be a bit sick or else she can just sense my stress but she follows me around crying and trying to climb my legs. Today she wouldn't even nap she was so distressed. So when my brother Dave told me that he and Alexis are going to drive out and do some painting in the new place while we're gone next week you KNOW I was very, very happy. I painted this place in the evenings after work and pregnant so I wasn't looking forward to painting again so soon...and especially not with two mobile babes following me around! Dave is my new favorite person. No wonder we called our firstborn David!!

Well, I meant to get to bed early so the rest will have to wait until later...maybe Saturday night once I have pictures of our new house!!

0 comments: