Sunday, June 16, 2019

Father's Day in the Mountains | the camera version

From the gondola we headed straight down towards the lake. They keep messing with this part of the hill. It used to be a rugged trail down to the lake. Then they manicured the trail and put in lights. They took away our little sledding hill and made a sledding area that you have to pay to use. Now they've put in all kinds of ropes and stuff and I don't like it anymore.

 I mean, the forest is beautiful.

Here's one of the rope thingamagoobers. You'd think I'd be all over this, it's the kind of activity I love. But I feel like they're taking all my trails away and replacing them with things that cost extra over and above our already expensive pass. Okay. I'm done whining. It's still beautiful here.



 On the other side of the lake, we head back up and around towards the lifts.


Here's my favourite lady on the trail.



The bears were out and very playful!
























 Imagine the pictures I would get if I had a zoom lens!


 We looped around the side of the hill and towards a trail that lets you see alllllll over the west side.






It's a beautiful trail, and not a difficult walk.










That down there is the lake held back by the Cleveland Dam.






















 We circled back to the bears who were still out but not being as silly.





Then we stopped for lunch.























And finally we headed to the Lumberjack show.


































0 comments: