Saturday, June 01, 2019

Poppy Heaven

The other day I drove David and Nate to the Warhammer store in South Surrey. We took 24th Avenue in to town, and am I ever glad we did! As Nate was educating me on guitars, we passed the industrial section and just as we were getting back into farmland, passed some kind of office building and saw this:



I just looked it up, and they're a trucking company. The poppies stretch about a block in front and a block along the side of their property and are probably 20 feet thick in places. I was in heaven. And of course I came back later with my camera...


It was more difficult than I anticipated because of the angle of the sun and the fact that I didn't want to trample on their flowers.

Then we kept driving because I'd also seen that Surrey Worksyard had some beautiful flowers in front of their buildings.

 Beautiful cornflowers at the works yard. And lupins, poppies and I think some others but now I forget.




0 comments: