Saturday, August 03, 2019

Symphony of Fire 2019

One of my favourite parts of summer is the BIG fireworks show in Vancouver. Lately, I like to make an extreme day of it and go to Vancouver for the whole day. We usually park by the planetarium, and then venture out from there. That way, our car and snacks are close by for when we stake our spot for the fireworks.

This year we had invited our neighbor to come with us. Andrew ended up being hella sick, so he stayed home with the dog we were dogsitting.

We parked and headed to Granville Island.





After a quick stop for coffee, we walked along the sea wall. The kids found ample places to climb and jump and wrestle.


Then I insisted on a photoshoot against this blue wall.













There's so much to look at. I love the floating houses and that weird sky scraper.




A bubble machine! Just randomly hanging along the board walk!



And then we hopped on a water taxi!




I could spend my entire life on the water. I love it so much. Well...in the summer anyway.


My little bookworm. This is how I spent most of university. On a rock, on the beach, with a book (and I usually had a latte too).


We hunkered down with our snacks and waited for the sun to set.


























Finally it was show time!





And this is when I was glad Denis was with us. After waiting an HOUR to get out of the parking lot, at midnight, I beached our car on a curb! I would still be stuck there if he hadn't helped me get it off. What a way to end a beautiful day! Though, once the car was free, we cranked The Greatest Showman soundtrack and sang our way home!

0 comments: