Tuesday, March 22, 2005

No pictures today

Last night when I downloaded pictures of Davey, I forgot to turn the camera off. So today when I went to take pictures of him our batteries were dead. DUMB me. However, I did take almost two rolls of Ashlie and Jade in their pretty pink tutus, so expect to see those pictures as soon as I get them developed.

What I really want to blog about tonight though, is how incredibly amazing it is watching this kid grow up. Every day Davey amazes Andrew and I with the new discoveries he's making. If you sit and watch him for even 10 minutes, I swear you'll get to see learning in action. It's so amazing.

Take yesterday for example. Any regular visitors to this blog will remember the little red birdy Davey likes to play with. Well, yesterday Davey was standing on my lap (supported by me of course....he's not standing alone YET) chomping on the birdy. Quite by accident he moved the birdy over to my mouth. So me being me, I pretended to chomp on it (accompanied by the appropriate monster sounds). Again, quite by accident (probably freaked out by my monster sounds) Davey pulled Birdy away. But then he moved him back to my mouth. And this time when I went in to chomp the birdy, he LAUGHED and pulled it away again. And repeated it several times. My kid is learning to tease mamma.

Today he was again standing on my lap and I started making kissy faces at him. So he leaned in and gave mamma a kiss. TWICE. I think that means he likes me :)

And you should have seen him at the car dealerships over the weekend (we went StationWagon hunting). He loves cars. But he loves the attention everyone there gave him more. He totally knows how to work it. Can't imagine where he got that from...


0 comments: