Sunday, January 15, 2006

Sunday, Sunday

For what seems like only about the tenth time since his birth, we attempted to take Davey to church this morning.

When he was first born, we'd go to church, but Davey was on such a weird feeding schedule that I would have to leave part way through the sermon and go feed him. In the car because our church hadn't finished building their nursery facilities that would hopefully have a spot for nursing moms who don't like to nurse in public to 'take care of business'.

Then he got a bit older, but church fell in the middle of his naptime. And there was no where to put a sleeping baby, so there wasn't much point in me going to church since he'd cry through the whole service.

Finally around his first birthday, Davey got so he could handle church, and even quite liked beingn in the nursery. But around that time I had really bad morning sickness so I didn't feel like going.

And then he got beat up in nursery. Another little boy, around his age, pushed him. Now I can't even walk towards the nursery without him crying. Hysterically.

If only there was a church where ALL we did was worship, he'd be great. Me too since that's my favorite part. If we could just dance and sing for an hour. Mnnnn.

1 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm a so with you on that! When Devin was younger I spent the whole time in the nursery feeding her because it was snack time. Then I tried to get her to nap up there, which never happened. Then when she finally seemed old enough to visit the nursery, I would go and sit with her the whole time because she would get so upset if I left her with strangers! It's only been in the last month that she's let us leave her there - she plays well now and seems to hold her own, which is good. But, it's been almost two full years to get there. For a while it didn't even feel like there was any point in going to church. And just like Davey, if it was all just worship time, we'd both love it. Lot's of people joke that Devin is our Church's official worship dancer because she just can't sit still - she jumps up and dances and spins the whole time with her arms in the air :-)