Saturday, March 14, 2009

On Wednesday the kids and I went to the Richmond Ikea. After a very successful trip (the kids were so good for the car ride and the shopping part!) we stopped at the new South Surrey Home Depot on the way home. The kids hopped into a car shaped shopping cart and I proceeded to push them into the store. To keep things fun, I made vroom noises while I drove.

Says Davey, "Mummy, that's not what a car sounds like. It sounds like this." And he proceeded to make slightly different vrooming noises. Then he stopped for a second and continued, "You're not my favorite mummy anymore. Your car noises are too annoying."

*****

Today, we've been busy painting Elisabeth's room and putting together shelves so I can finish unpacking her books. Elisabeth was sitting on the floor singing while Andrew and I held a particularly heavy shelf against the wall to mark where we wanted to hang it. I decided to sing along with Tink.

"I no want you, mummy." Which means, stop singing.

"But I want to sing."

"I want a monster to eat you."

okay then.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Allison's first phrase was, "No singing mommy."

When we're old and Ally/Davey install us in the granny suite(s) upstairs, we'll make beautiful music together, ok?
We can turn down our hearing aids if necessary!
September