Friday, March 13, 2009

The Week In Review

This week has gone by in a blur. I know I worked on Monday. I know we had company for dinner on Wednesday. Almost everything else? Gone! It must have been a crazy, crazy week!

Speaking of crazy, here's Elisabeth with long, curly, pink hair!

These two kids look so tired in this picture! I can't remember if it's legitimate or if I'm just a bad mom. So we'll go with a.

Okay, the rest of the week passed in a blur. One event this afternoon happened in slow motion...

I wasn't feeling well today, so I came home a little early and picked up the kids. They collected and put away grandma's garbage containers so I rewarded them with treat size smartie containers. In his rush to collect his, Davey totally wiped out on the driveway. We're talking falling flat on his stomach, into a hole in the driveway, shoes flying everywhere....it was brutal. Even Uncle Cody said he'd never seen a wipe out like it.

But Davey was brave and wouldn't let me check his knees and elbows. So I ran upstairs to see if Andrew was online. I barely got up the stairs and I could hear Davey making some kind of scary noises. Like crying, but the kind of crying when you can hear fear and pain at the same time. I came burning downstairs and Davey was crying, smartie guts streaming from his mouth and blue everywhere.

My first thought was that David had been hurt worse than he thought when he fell in the driveway. But then I realised that there was some blue leading up David's nostril. Hmn.

"David, did you put a smartie up your nose?"

Much freaking out ensued. I tried to get a better look, but all I could see was blue (and David is, I confess, a bit of a nose picker).

"Are you sure you didn't put anything up your nose?"

Several seconds, minutes? or agonized denials. "I don't know why I'm crying. Nothing is wrong!"

So I reached over, grabbed his head and twisted it into the light. WAAAAAAY up there, barely visible, was the tip of a blue smartie. "Seriously?!"

So I tried getting him to blow into a kleenex. But he was still freaking out. So we had to call Doctor Aunty to come help. Sometimes it's easier to be calm when it's not mummy trying to get the hard chocolate candy out of your nose.

It took a while, but finally we had blue AND chocolate. And I made him promise never to stick anything up there again. Or I would sew his nostrils shut!

While Kathi and I were lowering our blood pressure from that experience, this came hopping down the stairs to us...

Never a dull moment at our house!!

Later, we picked Daddy and some pancake fixings up and Elisabeth cooked dinner.


While Davey just bounced around looking cute.

3 comments:

Katherine said...

so that is where our pink wig went... hope the girls don't notice!

ramblin'andie said...

It was in the bin of dress up clothes you left at mum's. Tink wore it home last week, but don't worry, we don't plan on keeping it. But that does remind me, Ashlie left a dress here one day when they were playing dress up. She was supposed to come home with me and get last week. I think I'll just put it in with the dress up clothes at mum's and if it's supposed to go to your house you can just grab it next time you're there...

Katherine said...

oh! no worries... i know where you live :P if ashlie doesn't notice it is missing, i don't care if tinky borrows it.