Friday, March 06, 2009

Pictures from last week.

On Friday we finally drove out to Abbotsford to pick up our car from the park and ride. The kids were so cute I had to snap a few pictures!

This reminds me of pictures of my sister when she was this age. At that point we lived on a farm and we have pictures of Kathi wearing dresses and rubber boots and up to her ankles in mud. No wonder everyone thinks Libs is Kathi's. They are so alike ;)

The drive to Abbotsford was gorgeous.
*sigh*

On Saturday we had to take our beloved cat to be put down. Jasper has been part of our lives for somewhere around 20 years. I'm not sure exactly how long because she belonged to the farmhand on my uncle's farm. When the farmhand moved out, he left the kitten behind. Then my grandparents had her, and after that my uncle's family had her. Eventually she made her way to our house. When Andrew and I were married, she came and lived with us. When I was a teenager and in the midst of drama, I would tell Jasper everything. I'd lie on my bed crying and Jasper would sit on my chest and push her face into mine purring at me until I stopped crying.

When we moved to Chilliwack we left her with my mom. I think I had a feeling we wouldn't be in that house for long and I decided it would resell better if we hadn't had any animals there. Once we moved back here, she moved back in with us. Elisabeth was ecstatic. The first thing she did when we'd come in the house was rush to check on Jasper. She brought her toys and hand fed her catfood.

She was a good cat, but she wasn't doing very well anymore. So we made the very difficult decision to have her put down. This is Elisabeth reading her a last story.




1 comments:

Carolyn Marie said...

sorry about jasper :( i know how hard it is to lose a beloved cat.