Saturday, March 07, 2009

This Afternoon...

After lunch, Elisabeth and I rounded up our boys and headed back to Fort Langley. Somewhere between when we left Derby Reach and Home, the weather changed and it clouded over and got even colder. But it was still a great day for a walk. There was a fence I wanted to show Andrew, so we parked near the community centre (just outside Fort Langley) and walked in. This little house is partially hidden behind some lovely trees, but isn't it a beautiful house and setting?


It's a B&B...I'd be tempted to stay there it was that cute.

Walked past a sculpture shop (I think?! Lots of garden type sculptures) and saw this. HILARIOUS! They had several of these gnomes in the store. I want one!

Actually, I think I'm going to bring in family pictures and get a gnome made of each of my family members...

We kept walking into the village. The houses in Fort Langley are beautiful. For those of you who live out of province, these are for you:



Chadya, I don't know if you still read the blog. But here is our beloved Spill the Beans. Alas, it is no more :(

Dad, you took me here for my birthday back in my university years. It was quite a gourmet place back then. Now it's the sushi iron chef restaurant that Dave took me to for this year's birthday!

We stopped at the Gelato place to try their European coffee. It was just meh. Davey enjoyed the blueberry gelato though...

I love looking in this window. I'm such a sucker for retro style toys. You couldn't get me to leave the toy shops in Switzerland last year (STILL regret not buying two of everything!)

And I definitely want one of these (I really need to get my own room that I can fill with this sort of thing!)

Davey posing by a mural he liked.

Opposite the mural.

Some really cool walking sticks.

We continued on to the river. At this point it was sunny again and quite warm.


This is where I wondered if we should be scared. A woman arrived with four of these dogs. Three she put muzzles on. And then allowed to run around freely while she finished unloading her truck. I was a little bit scared and definitely protective of the kids. Not that there was anywhere for us to go if a dog had attacked. This one came and started pushing his head into Andrew's legs and butt, and almost managed to push him over!

Luckily they left and we got back to the important business at hand.


We also collected some pine cones. Reading all those Miss Read books has made me appreciate nature collections.


And finally we stopped at the school playground for a few minutes. It clouded over again soon though.

And as we pulled out it had just started snowing. Though nothing seems to be falling here.

And this is Elisabeth's plant. She got it at Save On this morning and it has accompanied her everywhere she's gone since.

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Hello!! Looks like you had a fun day! The kids are getting bigger!

I have a new blog. Email me and I'll give you the link if you're interested. I have a lurker so I don't want to post it.... I'm trying to stay hidden.

My address: Limabean117@yahoo.com

Take care!!

Amanda (and Jim)