Sunday, April 12, 2009

We had guests at our house for ten days. On Wednesday morning they left and to distract the kids from their sorrow, we painted Easter Eggs. I looked up some hints online and saw that you could marble eggs by mixing oil in with the dye , vinegar and water. I wasn't super impressed with the results, but we had fun.

Crayons made for more interesting eggs, and I thought Daveys were the nicest.


Next we went outside to start some of our seeds for our garden. We only planted the ones that we are going to start inside. In the next few weeks I'll make up my mind as to where we're going to have a small patch for potatoes, corn and onions. Tomatoes, Lettuce, and herbs will grow in containers on our balcony. We'll run some watermelon and pumpkins around the perimeter somewhere. And I have another project for the backyard that will involve sunflowers and wood. But that's still in the planning stages...





While we were working, there was a very convincing Mike Holmes impersonator installing a railing on the stairs by mum's house.

And here are our little pots.

0 comments: