Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Well, We Didn't Go To the Beach

We didn't go to the beach today after all, though it would have been the perfect day to go! But this afternoon we did walk up to the playground and then go for a walk in the forest. I think we made the right choice. We got to see so many signs of spring (ahhhhhhh) and Davey discovered he isn't scared of forests after all! Bonus!

So here is Tink (or Mowgli as I'm going to call her from now on. Doesn't she look like she was raised by a pack of wolves with that hair?)

I told Davey not to get so close to Tink while she was climbing. He responded, "I'm standing here so I can catch her if she falls." ahhh what a sweetheart!

Cute boy. He's holding three dice (what's the plural of dices? Dis??) he found at the park (thus the funny hand positions. He's showing them off for you all!)

Andrew says Tinker looks like a surfer dude here. I said dude was the operative word. Sheesh, someone brush her hair already!


These beautiful flowers were growing (or about to bloom) all through the forest. Andrew says they're Trillium. I seem to remember seeing them in other colours than white when we were in Ontario. Am I imagining that??


Climbing on a stump and waving.


As Davey was climbing up this hill, he suddenly turned to me and said, "Are we at Grossmeuti's?" I only wish.


Back home both kids wanted to play in the pool. Tink was going to slide into the pool but decided Davey should go first.

But he just slid to standing position and walked out of the pool.

So then Tink tried and landed on her butt. COLD!


A Truly Great Day! I hope the sunshine lasts :)

2 comments:

Ned Noodle said...

Wow, I haven't visited this site in a long time. Your kids are so big!

ramblin'andie said...

They grow too fast. For how long childhood seemed when I was in it, I can't understand why it goes so fast now I'm not. I miss my babies, but the kids are fun too.

I still go to your blog when you kindly let us know that it's been updated. Your kids are big too. In fact, sometimes it's hard to tell which one is which.