Wednesday, May 13, 2009

This afternoon as we were driving home from the grocery store, we had to stop at an intersection near a school. There was a crossing guard there and as David watched the guard lead children across the street, he asked me, "What is that guy?"

"He's a crossing guard," I replied and went on to explain what his duties were.

David watched with interest and as we turned the corner he let out a big sigh. "Oh there are just too many choices. I just don't know what to do."

"What's wrong David?" I asked.

"I can't decide if I want to be a crossing guard. There are too many choices."

"Well, that's the great thing about being a crossing guard. It's a volunteer job. So you can have a job like daddy, and then in your spare time you can be a crossing guard." I offered.

He thought about this for a second and then I asked, "Well, what do you want to be when you grow up?"

"I really, really want to be a crossing guard and Super David."

Oh well then. No problem.

0 comments: