Saturday, December 26, 2009

Boxing Day at the Beach

I frequent a great number of blogs, from all over the continent. And though I am sometimes jealous of people who have abundant snow falls for Christmas, or others (from the Florida Keys maybe?) who can go for a swim before their turkey dinner, there's something to be said for living in a place where we have four distinct seasons. And though some joke that our four seasons all involve rain and temperatures between 10 and 2o degrees, that's not quite true.

So when today dawned bright, clear and cold! I knew we should head to the beach.

First person I saw was this one. Wow, I'm sure I had a ski suit like that back in the 80s...only mine probably wasn't quite that bright! And I think I may even have had a purple and green backpack like that.



The light at the beach was phenomenal. No wonder the beach was packed with people out for afternoon walks.

I had a lot of fun playing 'round with camera settings and trying to snap pictures of the kids. Though they were moving a little fast for me most of the time.



I love the colours this time of year. And the light. Actually, I always thought fall was my favorite time of year, but I'm starting to think maybe it's winter. As long as it's not too wet.






The frost is sticking all day long in some spots. It's so pretty.

Oh, and did I mention Ellie got her hair cut? She's been nagging me about it for weeks so we finally settled on a compromise. Elisabeth wanted her hair short, like it was this time last year. I couldn't quite bear to go that short again, so we settled on a shoulder length bob. I quite like it.








We walked all the way down to the train bridge. Just as we reached there, we heard a train hooting. So we rushed up to the top and settled in to watch.







I told Elisabeth to put her runners on before we left, but in the rush out the door, I forgot to double check what she'd actually put on. So when we arrived at the beach, I was dismayed to see what her choice had been:





0 comments: