Sunday, January 10, 2010

Just a few random things...

First of all, I have to mention that David has finally gained weight. That boy has been stuck at 42 pounds since before his fourth birthday...possibly even close to his third birthday. I have one of those scales that measures in tenths of a pound, so I know that his weight has gone up and down by almost a pound in those 2? years, but he's never broken past 42. 8. Until now. Today he finally hit 43.2!! Which is a good thing considering his thug of a sister weighed in at 40.2 today. So now they are 3 pounds apart. I didn't measure Elisabeth, but David is at 45.75 inches.

Maybe he'll start filling out his trousers so he can stop wearing waders now.

***********************************

In the car yesterday Elisabeth and I were listening to Praise106.5. A ballady worship song was on and Elisabeth asked, "why is he so sad mum?" So I had to explain to her that he wasn't sad, just worshipful. And because he was singing about how Jesus died..."HE DIED?!"

Hmn. we haven't explained that to you yet? Yes, He came back to life. No that doesn't mean He isn't taking care of you. Yes, God is still with us. And no, I'm not going to crash the car so we can die and go there right now.

Seriously.

*********************************

Moments later, out of the same 3 year old mouth, "Check it out mum!"

Do you know how weird it is to hear out of her still very babyish mouth?

Just sayin'.

********************************

David crawled into bed with me at quarter to six this morning. When his sister followed him not long after, I took him to the guest room and left Elisabeth with Andrew.

David didn't fall back asleep, though I dozed in and out for the next hour. David finally got bored and hopped out of bed. Then, hopped back in, kissed me ever so sweetly on the cheek and hopped back out again.

I love five year old boys. Sweetness personified.

1 comments:

the lintinen's said...

so sweet. boys are the best!