Friday, March 29, 2019

Jade's Grand Day Out, Version 2 - The Camera Version

Back to Capilano Suspension Bridge and here's your public service announcement: These kids are such dang cute lil' hams, that there are a LOT of pictures here. Even for me.


So, we started the day with some portraits in the trees. I mean, the light, the background. It was a perfect moment.


And there's something about these kids that when they're all together they just ham it all up.



I believe they were playing music and walking the cat walk. Oh yeah. Who cares if there's 9000 tourists watching us? We don't.













 Have these totems always had arms?


That top one looks a little constipated to me.



There are few traditional pictures we always take. This checkers one for instance.


The picture with the mountie.





The humorless glance from the view point.


 And then, as usual, it was time for the cliff walk.


We've lucked out the last couple times. It's been really quiet on the bridges.




Of course, it's really different going here with Ashlie, who is all about the perfect poses (I LOVE HAVING NIECES WHO LIKE GETTING THEIR PICTURES TAKEN!) and these guys who are just all irreverence, all the time.



It's also amazing.






 Even my boy can strut his stuff ha ha








I was going to say this is my favourite part of the bridge, but actually I can't really say that. I love this whole dang place.






 Especially when we all go and it's so much fun.





Hmn, I think Jade was trying to make the music from her playlist come from her mouth? Or maybe amplify the sound. I dunno.







David just dropped to the ground and started rolling. No warning. It was moderately disturbing. Then again, true to how hanging out with these children goes.




 Over the bridge and up to the tree tops walk. There's a club house, and you can grab an activity book. If you complete it, they give you a prize. These kids took it VERY seriously this time.




Drawing their profile pictures...





 Like I said, very serious work.









I was getting bored, so I had to take weird pictures of the kids with my wide angle lens.





And finally we started the tree tops walk.


 That face though.






 When do you ever get to go here and have this place to yourself? Almost!



















 How are those activity books coming kids?






















We stopped at the dam. It's almost like being in the Rockies. I imagine.













0 comments: