Friday, March 08, 2019

Steveston

We decided to head to Steveston for the day, I can't remember what the occasion was, other than it was sunny. We decided to walk around the shops first, where I was disappointed to see that many of my favourite stores no longer exist.

The toy store still does though. That's where I fell in love.


Not once, but twice.



 You can tell David thinks I'm crazy. Maybe I am. But these sloths were so cuddly and soft.


Terrifying.


Then we wandered down towards the water.


It really was a lovely day. Look at that sky. Still freezing.



We'd packed a picnic so we stopped at these conveniently located picnic tables and had our lunch.








Then it was time for a stroll out to the fishing buildings.




 Some of the buildings are in terrible condition.




And others are being refurbished.


We had been talking about the Japanese family whose home is still here. It happened to be open, so we went in for a look.













 Hmn looking at these, I wonder if I had my camera with me. If so there might be a lot more pictures of this day to come!



Oh and Elisabeth bought a kite, here she is flying it!


0 comments: