Monday, September 15, 2008

Crazy Hair Day and the Great Outdoors

Once I persuade the kids to change out of their costumes, we went for a walk. In the spirit of dressing up though, I gave them crazier than normal hair dos. Here's davey with his mini faux hawk.

And El with her pippi longstocking pig tails.

I got her dressed this morning then while I was making the beds, she took off all her clothes and brought me different ones to put on. I guess she didn't like my choices...





To the east of our complex are some new single family houses. There are a couple of paths in and around them. None of them are connected or really go anywhere, but they're interesting to get us off the road.

It's a lot different from Switzerland where they meticulously groom their paths and keep them looking so nice. This particular one was all right, but I need to get my clippers and a bag and go cut down the brambles that block the other two and pull some of the weeds that are threatening to take over the actual walk ways.

But in other news, they're almost done the park next to our complex and it has a few 'trails' (I'm not sure if they go anywhere other than towards the playground from a few different angles) I'm looking forward to trying. There's also a wild bit of field with some lovely trees (of the deciduous variety) so I'm looking forward to taking some pictures there. As soon as the city crew is done working with their big machinery!!


And I hope it doesn't sound like I'm whining. We love our walks and they're always very interesting! Lately we like to walk to the building sites and watch the new houses go up. But it's nice to know there are other things to look at (like this pond) when all the houses are done!

I've seen that look before...Little scallywag!


This is my favorite look. Very impish but still very cute!

Here I asked him to look tough. He looked confused, so I said, "roar!" and did he ever...

I'm so glad he's still got his baby curves. I'm not eager for them to grow up to fast!

And my other little imp. She was much too quick on her feet today. I had a hard time catching her in focus...

1 comments:

derek salmon said...

ha ha, love elizabeth's hair!