Sunday, September 28, 2008

Growing Like Weeds

I've been having a fairly consistent problem with trying to find Davey clothes. In order to get the length to fit him in pants, I have to buy at least a 5T or a 4 in the 'big boys' section. But then I also have to cinch the pants almost the smallest size to get them to fit in the waist. Now I don't even have skinny kids. They look like they're pretty average to me. But even the size 4T's Davey's wearing today are completely cinched in, and about an inch higher than his shoes (except once they start falling off!)

So I measured Davey, which of course meant Elisabeth wanted measuring too. And here, for matter of record, are their stats:

David: 42 inches tall, 40 pounds and 19 inch waist. That makes him 90th percentile for height and 75th for height. The waist measurement has him (according to the Children's Place measuring scales) needing slim pants. I'll have to try those next time I get him pants and see if that helps. He gets pretty tired of me telling him every two minutes, "Pull your pants up!"

Elisabeth on the other hand, measures 37.5 inches and weighs 32 pounds. I didn't measure her waist since her size three pants fit fine. She's off the charts in height (about 95th percentile for a 30 month kid. She's 25.5 months) and between 90 and 95th percentiles for weight. Which I'm not too worried about since she's apparently tall. Though, have these charts been adjusted since the 1950s? Because my kids seem to be about right on average for other kids they associate with so I have a hard time believing they're that monstrously tall.

Anyway, at least I have a better idea about the pants predicament!

0 comments: