Saturday, February 21, 2009

Oh, We Do Love To Be Beside The Seaside....

You know how it is. When the sun shines in the Lower Mainland, the lure of the ocean is too strong for us. And so it was this morning. We gobbled our breakfasts, quickly dressed and raced off to Crescent Beach. See how gorgeous it was?

The birds and boats were out in full force. And there were quite a few humans (and dogs) too.

While I curled myself up on a blanket next to a huge driftwood log, the boys decided to practice skipping rocks.

I forget why Elisabeth was upset, but she took off down the beach. She's a wee bit huffy these days. Anyway, Andrew followed her down the beach and they had a little chat.


Andrew collected some rocks and made a pile of them. Davey decided that it would be a good thing to wash them and bring the colour out. So here is doing just that.

Meanwhile, Elisabeth likes to fill buckets with sand and then pour water on them. I think this is based on all the sand castle building they did last summer. You have to get the right blend of water and sand to build a good castle.

Hmn, what's in this basket?

Oh, more rocks. I think I'll take those.



Isn't my boy cute? I think so too.

She's pretty sweet too :)

And Davey's rocks do look nice now he's brought the colours out.

Speaking of which, I played with the settings on my camera today.





Kind of fun, I thought. Now I just need to load my new software and play with that too.

On the way back to the car, Elisabeth wanted to sit on this bench.

David and Elisabeth both got new sun glasses today. Davey picked El's.

We had some lunch then drove to Whiterock to walk from one end to the other and up the pier. As soon as we got out of the car we could tell the temperature/weather was vastly different than it had been at Crescent Beach. At Crescent, I was almost falling asleep it was so toasty and warm and sunny. At White Rock, it was cloudy and windy and COLD! I guess in the hour it took us to eat and drive the weather changed.


Davey and I walked almost to the end of the pier, but it was getting too cold so we turned around. Elisabeth and Daddy made it all the way to the end.



I think she's better now. She's much more her happy little self!


0 comments: