Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Weekend

Last spring we spent almost four months fighting colds. I'm sure we weren't sick that entire time, but it sure felt like it. Doesn't it feel like 2009 is going the same way? Well, we're trusting that this is the last bout of colds for us. It started with Davey having a raging fever on Wednesday night. He missed his Valentine's party at school and that evening I took him to the walk in clinic. Strep throat. On Friday we were back with Elisabeth. I told the doctor to check me too, just in case.

We'd had plans for Valentine's Evening, but in light of 3/4 of us being sick, we decided to postpone. But we did make spinach and cheese manicotti for dinner (that's what Andrew made for me our first Valentines) and Elisabeth and I made chocolate cake.

Today Davey and Andrew were starting to get itchy feet. Since it was so nice, we decided go to Crescent Beach. It was absolutely gorgeous there.

Elisabeth lasted 20 minutes then she started falling asleep. So I put her in the stroller and went for a walk.




It was a gorgeous day, but I'm looking forward to going back as soon as we're all healthy !!

When we got home, Davey told me he wanted "lots of pictures of me" so I took him round the yard and snapped a few pictures.

Then he helped Daddy wash the car. He's good at doing the rinsing.

He can even do it backwards.

But then he squirted himself in the head. He didn't even know he was wet (it just got his hat), but he was VERY, very mad at me for laughing. I'd just finished telling him to move farther away or he'd squirt himself....

So once Andrew persuaded him not to run away from home, Davey came and told me a story about a bad mummy who laughed at her little boy, then a wolf came a long and ate her. And that's what happens to mummy's who laugh at their boys.

3 comments:

Alvin & Denise Engler said...

wow, that's quite a creative way for davey to express displeasure at being laughed at. but if that story were true, i think we would see a lot more wolves and only a rare number of very sour stodgy mummies. and what kind of world would that be?
-de

ramblin'andie said...

I should have mentioned that he started the conversation by saying, "I just didn't want anyone laughing at me. Let me tell you a story."

I'm just glad he was able to verbalize his feelings. It's been a tough road with him.

derek salmon said...

yikes, watch your back andrea.