Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Pro-D Day

What's a Pro-D day, you ask? Well, I think the educational folks call it a professional development day, but in our house it means BEACH DAY! So when the kids happened to have a PD day on a beautiful, sunny day, you know where we headed!

I had visions of myself leaning against a driftwood tree trunk, sitting on my beach blanket and immersing myself in Ruth Rendell. The kids had other ideas. "Dad's not here. Build us a castle."

Ugh. Really? I'm not wearing the jeans for that, and I don't want to touch the dirt...

...I gave in eventually.

As you can see, the water was absolutely still - like glass - and made for some neat-o pictures of the kids' reflections.



We ended up building three castles and I built a little stone henge. I've been reading a lot of James Rollins lately and it inspired me. Next time I'll bring GI Joe men or something and reenact a Sigma Force book.


I absolutely love the next picture. I wish I wouldn't have cropped quite so much of her head out when I set it up. Oh well.



This is them in negotiations to share the castle kit. David's already built his castle and used all the flags, but it's Elisabeth's set. Luckily David is a sweet heart and hands over half plus one of everything.

And here he is with his castle. That little rock with the purple cone on it's head is the giant. He got tired and had a nap before destroying David's castle.




0 comments: