Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Saturday Afternoon Stroll through Fort Langley

On Saturday we decided to be different from everyone else in the Lower Mainland and instead of heading to Vancouver, we went to Fort Langley. Okay, truth be told, we really wanted to go to Vancouver and experience some of the Olypic environment, but we couldn't figure out how to make it work. So, we went to Fort Langley instead. And it was beautiful.



I love this quaint little town. I wish that Langley City would fashion themselves like this, but I guess I can see that there needs to be room for population growth and quaint little storefronts don't really fit the bill.

For years this little house was for sale. I would walk by and try to think what I could do to have a business that would thrive with the temperamental tourist trade. This little bistro, while not what I envisioned, seems to do very well.

Of course, a trip to Fort Langley would not be complete without stopping at the train museum. And even though it's closed, there was still plenty of playing to be had.





Elisabeth fell down those metal stairs on the train. She managed to bounce so that I think every inch of her body hit the stairs some which way, and then she did a face plant onto the gravel/grass mixture (thank God she didn't face plant on the concrete!) as she got to the bottom. I just managed to catch her before she rebounded and smashed the back of her head on the steps. Amazingly, she just had a bit of a mark on her bottom.

And as you can see, she recovered nicely for more picture taking.














0 comments: