Sunday, February 20, 2011

Derby Reach

There's nothing like sunshine in winter to make you want to act like it's summer. And since we had spent Friday wandering around in the sun in our sweatshirts, we thought we'd be fine having a little spring fire at the river on Saturday. David was at a birthday party, so the three of us packed up the car and headed to Derby Reach.

It was lovely. And the tugboats were out:

Yup, I said boatS.
And, as is usual when it is just us, I got to build the fire again. I built it really, really huge. But it was so windy, I was scared the flames (which were horizontal and WAY out of the little burner thingie) were going to set US on fire. So we let it die down. And then I roasted my boots. Here's the before picture (before I smelled my feet on fire).

And if you look closely you can see the scorch marks and how deformed my poor boot is. Good thing I wore the old ones which are totally skucked up anyway!

Did I mention it was windy?

It's kind of cold here again. In fact, the forecast for all this week is rain/snow showers. So the snowline has dropped again and makes for spectacular views!


But, ultimately the cold was our downfall. We had planned to send one of us to pick up David and come back with him. It was too cold so we packed up after only an hour and went in search of something warmer to do!

0 comments: