Sunday, October 08, 2017

Imagine Dragons

For David's thirteenth birthday, we got tickets to Imagine Dragons (his favorite band) in concert. Since the weather was so nice, we decided out early. We also wanted to stop at Murchies, but rather than pay for parking downtown, we stopped at the South Surrey location.

And then of course, we had to go to the beach (besides, I had photography homework to do!)


Throwing a football on the beach.

 I needed to capture fast shutter speed showing motion. So Elisabeth kindly obliged by jumping in the ocean for me. We both got quite wet!


 But the pictures were worth it!

 Meanwhile, the guys lounged.


 Then we walked down to the pier.


We had planned on eating near BC Place, but the weather was so nice, and parking was free here at the Historic Stewart Farm, so we stopped here instead.



 It's so perfect. I love it here.




 When I try and take a nice picture with my boy.

 So I took a gnarly one instead.


 Then we headed downtown. Oh look, this seems familiar. Like we were only here yesterday...

 Then we waited to be let in to Roger's Arena.


 We were just a wee bit excited!


I could have gotten seats closer, but these had no one in front of us, and given we were there with our kids, I thought that was better. David and I agree that next time we want floor seats...oh - spot their tshirts?



 Not excited at all.



 K.Flay was awesome. We loved her. The other opening band was not quite as good.

 But then it was time for the main attraction. OH MY GOODNESS. It was SO good.


I thought Maroon 5 was the best thing ever, but they have been completely eclipsed.



 And they switched to a stage in the middle of the floor (even walking through the crowd to get there!) and played different instruments and a tribute to Tom Petty. SO good.



Amazing. Such a great way to celebrate our oldest.

Then I made Andrew stop near Science World so I could try my slow shutter speed photography.





0 comments: