Saturday, October 28, 2017

Pumpkin Patching - by popular demand!

I don't know how many times I'm going to say this over the next few years. But I'm so thankful that my kids still do things like pumpkin patches!

We needed pumpkins, and decided to go back to the same farm we visited last year with Dave and Alexis. They had a hay maze.



The kids are tall enough to see over, but it's still fun!


And here are their chickens. All crowded round in the sun because they know they'll get loads of feed from all the people like us.


This little guy was happy enough to pose for me.


Dapper young thing.



And my kids were also happy enough to pose for me.


Then we rode the hay wagon out to the field. I always forget that the field is just on the other side of the barn, but hey, wagon rides are super fun, right?


Once we got out there, the debate began over the perfect pumpkin. It was $5 each to get in, but the $5 included your hay ride and counted against the cost of your pumpkin (or indeed anything in the store).


David found his pumpkin almost immediately.


Don't mind all these pictures. Photography class assignment this week was story telling.



I'm such a sucker for all the props out in the fields for photo ops.







And then I found the pigs!


I would so love a pet piggie.



Aren't they sweet?!



Then it was time for pictures with our treasure!


Happy Halloweening!


0 comments: