Sunday, December 10, 2017

Burnaby Village Museum

Christmas at Burnaby Village Museum is a tradition in our family.


 And even better, it's a free tradition. So we made time to visit again this year.

 They do several themed displays around their grounds. Like the crazy Christmas animals.


 And the 12 days of Christmas.

 They really outdid themselves with the lights this year.


They're also famed for their carousel.

 It's fabulous.



Oooh, look what I can do, now I can control my camera!



 The village itself is beautiful. Each building is set up as something that might have been in the original Burnaby Village back in pioneer times.









At Christmas they often have extras, like the black and white movies in the cinema (so old there's not talking); or the play in the theatre; or Father Christmas. He's our favorite Father Christmas.




I love this little cabin.




More of the lights. I'm in love with these.





Wouldn't this make a perfect date night? Especially if you stopped for sweets in their cafe/bistro.












 Well, it's a truly magical place, and I'm sure you can see why it's a must do on our list.






0 comments: