Sunday, December 17, 2017

CP Holiday Train

For years I have wanted to see the CP Holiday Train. This year, Alan Doyle was the performer on the train. So then I knew I had to go. I was a bit worried about parking, so when Kandace suggested we get their in time for all the pre event activities I said sure!.

 The kids decorated cookies.



 And there was a Santa and Mrs. Claus.


 Santa insisted Mom needed to be in the picture, so I obliged :D


 And the lady at the photo booth made me and Andrew get in this picture too.


 There were three rooms with different things going on. This one had crafts and a juggler.

 We coloured and made buttons.






 And this guy, who apparently is the Artist in Residence at Rocky Point Park, was a juggler, and massively entertaining entertainer.



 Then we headed outside to where they had the bonfire, and food by donation.

 Unfortunately, it was rainy as all get out. Quite miserable.


 But we made the best of it, like we do.


 Then, shortly after this picture was taken, Elisabeth lost her gloves. She was desperately unhappy about it and so we went off looking for them.

 Which meant by the time we got back out to the fire, the train had already arrived. Now given I had visions of Alan Doyle and his band hanging off the side of the train singing while the beautifully lit train made it's scenic way in through the trails, I was bitterly disappointed.

 Especially as this was now my view.

 But we stayed in the wet and rain and this was our view.


But as soon as the music started, oh my goodness. That man and his band. It was pure magic.

0 comments: