Monday, December 25, 2017

Christmas Day!

 Happy Christmas! We started the day with prezzies.

 Elisabeth was delightfully excited over her new instamax.



And then, with no better offers, we decided to head to the river for a fire. Probably the biggest mistake I made all year. But at the time we all felt great and it was loads of fun!

 David got an airsoft rifle and pistol for Christmas. He brought his targets and set about shooting things.




And Elisabeth burned through her Christmas books. Erm, that may be a poor choice of words considering the fire. I just mean she read them very quickly.


David showed Andrew how to shoot things too.


I had a go as well, but I'm rubbish at shooting AND I sliced my finger open trying to reload. That's the end of that then.



Our Christmas dinner was hot dogs and potato chips.




Okay, so there were three of us having fires today. One group at the first site, we were about half way down and way down the other end were a couple of families at one site with small kids. They kept letting their kids wander off (kids being under 6  by the looks of things). This log was half in the water. I was so angry that they wouldn't keep a better eye on them considering how cold and fast the river is. Thankfully I didn't have to dive in the river to save anyone.

 Melting our boots.



 What a beautiful day.

0 comments: