Wednesday, December 27, 2017

The last of the Christmassing

We had big plans for Christmas. The break started late, so there wasn't a lot of time to do things before Christmas, but after Christmas we had plans for crafts and board games and little local trips. But first on Christmas Day Camille got sick. Then Rob on Boxing Day, Eireen on the 27th and Cara on the 28th...so they didn't come to visit us.

I had been sick before Christmas but I thought I was over it. Then on Boxing Day my temperature nose dived. To the point where I had to stop googling. And I was exhausted. And just feeling like crud. Still, children need to be entertained.

So we made crafts.


And some of us slept.


Adelaide had seen Popsicle stick nativities at grandma's house and really wanted to make one herself. We had Popsicle sticks, so we obliged.

Well done Adelaide!

All of us participated (yes, even me!)

David, experimenting with how on TV if you hide in the curtains no one ever sees you (good place for baddies to hide if they get surprised in a house, right?) And how it totally doesn't work IRL.

Made for some cute pictures though.

Still sleeping!

We moved on to Christmas Trees.






And hilarity.
And later that night it snowed again. So the kids went out to play!


I lasted all of two minutes. And then it was too cold and I needed sleep.


Not to bang on about our rubbish Christmas, but that was the end of things for us. I came down with a sinus/chest infection and we spent the rest of Christmas break doing a whole lot of nothing (which my family actually really enjoyed!)

0 comments: