Friday, December 22, 2017

The Land of Christmas

My brother and his family came to town for Christmas. Dave that is. Rob was supposed to come, but his entire family got the flu for Christmas. Anyway, The Land of Christmas is the perfect holiday thing to do with preschoolers, so I asked Dave if we could make it work.

 It's not worth more than about a half hour stop, especially if you have teens with you. But it's another must do event. And it's free, although they do accept donations.


 Ada and Ruben thought it was absolutely magical.

 Mine like it too!

 For those of you who are older like me, you  might recognize this as the old Christmas castle from Guilford Town Centre.

 These guys bought it and transformed their property into a magical place. Complete with santa!



 And oh my goodness, the lights!


 You can only look at the light displays, there's no climbing on them. That was a little hard to explain to a 3 year old boy who was absolutely in love with everything.



These two talked video games the whole time.

 She chased the kids and stopped them from climbing over/under the fences to climb on everything.


 Then we warmed up by the firepit.


 And then, a gentleman who'd heard me talking to the popcorn vendor about how much we love this place, and saw me dump a baggie full of loonies and toonies into their donation bin and who witnessed me take a trillion pictures, asked if we'd like to go sit on the train!!!


WELL OF COURSE WE DID.

 If all goes according to plan, they're hoping to have train rides next year.

I for one, can not wait!

0 comments: