Sunday, March 02, 2008

Every morning, before anyone does anything else, Elisabeth has a bottle of soy milk. Davey will often join her on the couch while she drinks it and together they watch morning cartoons. Here they are snuggling under Davey's blanket.

This afternoon we decided to go back to Harrison. Andrew's been very eager to get back ever since he first spotted all that lovely driftwood earlier this week. Davey did some exploring...

Then he helped Daddy saw some driftwood to just the right length.

Meanwhile, Elisabeth climbed everything in sight.

More sawing...

In the foreground is my little sand castle and fort. I tried to get the kids to help me build it but they weren't interested. In the background is the foundation of our cabin.



Davey did some more wandering...every once in a while he'd sit down and think a bit.

But then he'd be off dancing.

Teaching Elisabeth how to make sand angels.

She thought it was pretty funny.

The cabin begins to take shape...


I decided I needed to put some supports in the corners. But I wasn't strong enough to hammer them into the sand. Andrew helped.

"I'm not as strong as Daddy," Davey said, "But I can get them in too."

And then he went and sat in his little retreat.



The beginnings of a roof.



Elisabeth came to check it out.

I built a neat little bench for in front of the cottage (my it sounds better every time I mention it!) and Elisabeth thought it was the most hilarious thing ever.

And here's Davey. Lying with his head resting on the bench.

Two shots of the finished product.


0 comments: