Monday, March 24, 2008

I still have a bunch more pictures to blog, but the camera is in the car and it's so windy out, I don't want to go get it. Even though the car is in our garage I know it will be cold down there! I'm a wuss. Sue me ;)

Today we drove out to Langley to watch the Veggie Tales: Pirates Who Don't Do Anything. You may recall that last year I tried to take Davey to see Surf's Up. I confused the starting time of that movie and we walked into the theatre just as the previews were starting. It was dark, loud and very scary for a 2.5 year old. We didn't even make it ten minutes into the movie. So I wasn't sure how things would turn out today.

We got there 15 minutes before starting time to make sure our newly potty trained boy would have time to take care of business and still have plenty of time to find our seats and get used to the theatre. Tink decided she wanted popcorn (she could see other kids eating it) so I went to grab some while Andrew stayed with the kids. Of course while I was gone the previews started so as I came in the theater I could hear her cry out a bit. Davey on the other hand, was fine.

Tink lunged for my lap and made herself comfortable in her "i'm scared" pose. Sitting with her side against my front and her head tucked under my chin. So she could turn to see the screen or turn to bury her face in my chest if she was scared.

She stayed very quiet through the whole movie, though she did eventually sit with her back against me and watch the movie. Davey was very into the movie, laughing and shouting and totally enjoying it.

It was Andrew's first movie since we saw I, Robot in September of '04 just before David was born!! For people who used to watch a LOT of movies...wow. It's been a while!

I think the kids are finally getting better. They both have nasty sounding coughs, but they're back to normal sleeping patterns and a bit more lively.

On Friday night my dad babysat for us and while we were out Andrew and I decided to potty train Davey this weekend. Through all the trials we've had attempting it, we decided we would just jointly insist that he HAD to get trained this weekend...or else. We were prepared to stay home the whole weekend if that was what it took to make sure it happened. So imagine our delight when he informed us on Saturday morn that he was not going to use diapers anymore. And it seems to have stuck. He's had a few accidents, but only what's to be expected. And he's even gotten out of bed every evening to use the potty one last time. I'm so impressed! Now it's tink's turn!

I also saw on Kelly's blog that she and Taeya have gotten a Ready Bed for camping this summer. Since we're going to be doing a LOT of travelling this summer/fall (visiting my grandma, Staff Conference, visiting Andrew's folks...), I've been wondering what to use for the kids. They're both too big for playpens but I wanted something small and kidlike for them. I don't know why I didn't think of Ready Beds since that's what Jade and Ash use when they come for sleep overs. Anyway, we were in Zellers today and they had them on Clearance so I grabbed two. When we're in Langley tomorrow I'm going to see if they have a Cars one for Davey, otherwise he's getting Backyardigans and Tink's getting the ever popular Dora (even though Diego's her favorite!)

Do any of you watch Global News in the morning? If I ever manage to get up before Davey in the morning, I watch it with Tink (otherwise it's CBC kids!) She LOVES Chris Carter!! As soon as he comes on the TV she gets the biggest grin and starts babbling away at him. I wonder if that means she's going to be an accountant like her Uncle Rob??

0 comments: