Thursday, April 10, 2008

No Time!

Whew! I had no idea I had so many pictures waiting to be blogged. I guess I haven't had a lot of time lately (it's true, I haven't!)

Last week zipped by in a whirlwind of hectic activity. On Saturday we were at my mum's house to do some lawn mowing. That first mow of the year is always interesting. Our neighbors out there like to feed the raccoons and since our yard is the one that borders on the park/ravine, the raccoons use our yard to get to the neighbors. So there are two paths worn in the grass where several families of 'coons make their way to the food. Kind of cute.

Sunday we were planning on going to church, but we've had several rough nights of sleep and just couldn't get the kids going in time for the early service. We had to hit the early service because at 11 our neighbors were having a birthday party for their 2 year old son, Dryden and we were planning on heading over there too. Turns out it's probably just as well we only made the one event because the party went on until almost 3 and that makes for an awful lot of excitement for two little kids. As it is they had a hard time falling asleep Sunday night!

I've also started one new job and I'll be easing into a second one on the 25th. So on Thursday I had a staff meeting for the first job (a writing and editing gig I'm doing part time from home) then I headed over to TWU to meet with everyone and firm up the details of that job. My friend and ex/again co-worker Cary is expecting her first baby (YAY Cary and Tommi!!) so together with another ex/again co-worker, Christina I'll be covering her mat leave. Working in my old department. I'm pretty excited about that as it will actually get me out of the house and talking to other humans. You don't know how many days I don't actually get to talk to any other humans...other than my kids and trust me, they don't want to hear what I have to say ;)

We've entered an interesting phase with my kids. Now that the weather's been milder I've been trying to get out for walks with them. But it doesn't seem to matter what time of day I go, Davey cries from the moment we cross out of our complex onto the road. At first I thought it was because he wasn't over his cold, then that he was tired and then that he just needed a good hiding (kidding!) but I think I've figured it out. Remember how I said there are only three directions to walk from our house? And how there is construction in every single one of those directions? Well, I think he's scared of all the big trucks and construction vehicles. It's my fault partly since I've tried to stress that he must walk beside me (as opposed to way ahead and all over the road) so that he doesn't get run over by one of the gravel trucks. And yesterday even pushing him in the double stroller he was quite upset. But I think we'll keep at it and he'll see that it's safe as long as he stays with mum.

Well, tink is here asking for smoothie, so that's it for now....

0 comments: